Making the decision to get professional help for addiction is a great first step toward sobriety, but choosing the right rehab program can be challenging. There are thousands of addiction treatment facilities in the United States with different treatment approaches, amenities, and recovery services. Luckily, there are effective ways to find the right rehabilitation program for you. We’ve put together 5 key tips below.
How to Find the Right Rehab Center
1. Get A Professional Assessment To Understand Your Specific Recovery Needs
Undergoing an evaluation from an American Society of Addiction Medicine certified doctor, psychiatrist, counselor, or licensed social worker can help you understand your recovery needs. The results of this evaluation should discuss your substance abuse and mental health needs as well as any other trauma you should address in treatment. Based on your results, the doctor or clinician will be able to recommend a plan of action that will help you obtain and maintain long-term recovery.
2. Ask Local Experts You Trust For Recommendations
Now that you have a solid recovery plan, ask your primary care provider about rehab centers that treat the conditions you’re looking to treat. You can also ask a psychiatrist, counselor, or therapist you trust about local facilities that may work well for you. You might also talk to members of local recovery groups. Feel free to ask these individuals:
- Where should I (or my loved one) go for treatment?
- Which rehab facilities should be avoided?
- What’s the best rehab facility in the city or state?
- Do you know of any good rehab programs outside of the city or state?
3. Do Your Own Research
You can also search for rehab programs online. Addiction treatment programs can vary by the level of care they provide, how long the program lasts, and the program’s intensity and structure. As you research, be sure to consider the following factors:
- Inpatient versus outpatient treatment
- Approach to treatment and the type of therapies used
- Length of program
- What addictions and disorders does the program treat
- Specialties such as trauma, dual diagnosis, mental health, or brain-focused care
4. Ask Questions
You should also ask questions about topics you’re specifically interested in. This is one of the easiest ways to gain the specific information you want to know from treatment providers. You might want to ask:
- Does this rehab facility use evidence-based treatment methods?
- Can this rehab program be customized to fit my specific needs?
- Do you treat co-occurring mental health disorders?
- What aftercare services do you provide?
- Do you offer support for family members?
- Can I schedule a tour?
- Do you accept my insurance?
5. Do A Quality Care Checklist
Last, make sure your top rehab programs pass a thorough quality care checklist. This checklist should make sure that your program of choice has:
- 1 or more physicians with experience treating substance use disorders
- A range of effective treatment methods, not just a single approach
- An addiction physician or psychiatrist on staff full-time
- Effective treatment services for any other medical conditions you may have
- Continuing care and support after treatment ends
- Relapse prevention and support
- Appropriate licensing and accreditation
Quality, Effective Care For Long-Term Recovery
Here at Bridges of Hope, we provide quality, effective care that can help you obtain and maintain long-term recovery. We are licensed and accredited to treat substance abuse and mental health disorders. Our wide range of treatment programs can help you live a life of freedom. Let us be a bridge of hope for you. Contact us today to learn more.