Bridges of Hope is a leading drug rehabilitation in Indiana that uses evidence-based and therapeutically proven clinical practices to treat addiction. Our goal is to treat addiction and its co-occurring mental disorders and instill in our clients, effective coping mechanisms to combat triggers.
How long do withdrawal symptoms last?
A medical detox is a treatment approach that helps the recovering addict feel comfortable when the toxins of the drug leave their body. Each person experiences withdrawal symptoms differently. The duration of withdrawal symptoms depends on factors like:
- Substance of addiction
- Length of addiction
- Severity of addiction
- Family history and genetic makeup
- Medical condition
- Co-occurring mental disorders, etc.
Detox is the first and foremost treatment in addiction, and without detox, other therapies and medications may fail to prove effective. Call us for more information on our detox program.
How can I detox at home for addiction?
Trying detox at home can lead to fatal consequences. Individuals that choose to quit drugs cold turkey can suffer from severe dehydration and seizures. At our drug rehabilitation in Indiana, we offer safe and medically supervised inpatient and outpatient detox programs. Those with a severe addiction problem need medical detox and a 24-hour monitoring post the detox to ensure patient safety.
Depending on the substance of abuse, patients experience different withdrawal symptoms. For withdrawal from drugs like cocaine, the withdrawal symptoms are more psychological, while withdrawal from alcohol causes symptoms like seizures. Alcohol and benzodiazepines are among the most dangerous drugs to detox and often require medication. Call us soon to discuss our treatment options.
Process of medical detox
Detox helps in managing anxiety and cravings. An effective detox marks the beginning of the journey towards sobriety. Detox process involves the following series of steps:
- Evaluation - The clinical staff in a rehab center will screen you for physical and co-occurring mental health issues. The doctor may run a couple of lab tests on you to measure the concentration of drugs in your system. This helps your doctor to plan the medications for the detox. Furthermore, the clinical staff may conduct a thorough review of your drug usage, duration of usage, family history, psychiatric health record, etc. This review will help the team to plan and develop an appropriate treatment plan.
- Stabilization - Following the evaluation, the doctor will use certain medications and psychological therapies to prepare you physically and mentally for the detox procedure. This stage ensures that you do not involve in any form of self-harm during treatment. Your doctor may prescribe a few medications to help you deal with the withdrawal symptoms.
- Treatment - This marks the final step of a detox program. You doctor will walk you through the treatment process and explain to you as to what to expect during and after treatment. Other inpatient programs follow after the successful completion of a detox program.
Our treatment facility for drug rehabilitation in Indiana offers a relaxing, comfortable, and safe environment for you to heal and get better. Call Bridges of Hope today to get help for drug and alcohol addiction.Drug Rehabilitation Indiana
View Larger Map